This is the 2nd year for several peony bushes. A few of the bushes that didn't bloom look as healthy as can be, but why no buds?? The others did fine.

PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM?? Islandbrz1 This is the 2nd year...
I've got one that has no buds this year, either. Does anyone have an answer?

Re: PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM?? Elizabeth I've got one that ha...
The most usual problem with peonies that don't blossom is that the "eyes" were planted too deeply. They should only be just barely covered with soil and not more than about an inch of soil over them. That is about as deep as this message is tall.
West Central Michigan along the lake shore.

Re: PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM?? KimmSr The most usual probl...
Thank you, KimmSr.
  Re: PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM?? KimmSr The most usual probl...
Thank you for your reply. Would you suggest before it gets too hot now to dig up the peony bushes "gingerly" to perhaps correct the problem of them possibly being too deep? Wait till the Fall? See mine did bloom the first year they were planted, that's why its hard to think they're planted too deep. Thank you!!

Re: PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM?? Islandbrz1 Thank you for your r...
I would wait until fall when the plants start to go dormant since the leaves you have now will be working diligently at manufacturing nutrients that are feeding the roots for next years growth.
West Central Michigan along the lake shore.
Are they getting enough sun? I planted peonies in two different areas of my yard. One bloomed on the first year and the other has not bloomed for two years. The ones that bloomed get full morning sun.
Sometimes it takes peonies more than 2 years to bloom from the time they were planted or moved/relocated as they are very sensitive to this.
Also, as others have already mentioned, they really like full sun. This year, in Iowa, we had some warm, then very cool weather and the buds that hadn't bloomed before the cool snap, didn't.
PEONY BUSHES THAT DON'T BLOOM??